For foreign students
Foreign students who come to study in the ЕI “Almaty Management University” on the undergraduate, graduate or doctoral studies need to enter the country on the basis of student visa.
Study visa is issued to a foreign national in the following cases:
Visas of category for training are issued for single, double, triple and multiple entry and exit
The validity of the visa to study
EI “Almaty Management University” supports international students in obtaining educational visas by providing invitation letters and registration number of the Department of Consular Service (DCS) of the MFA in Almaty. In turn, to obtain a registration number of the DCS of the MFA international students must provide the following documents:
- a copy of the student's passport;
- a copy of the Kazakhstan visa (if the student has already visited Kazakhstan);
- a contract between the student and the “Almaty Management University”;
- a medical certificate, form 086;
- apostil of a high school certificate or a college diploma;
- bank statement on the availability of funds in the account (minimum $ 3,000);
- medical insurance;
- certificate of criminal records absence.
By 2015, Kazakhstan has expanded the list of countries whose citizens have the right to enter the territory of our country without visas. One can check whether he or she refers to as a citizen of one of these countries on the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan http://mfa.gov.kz/index.php/ru/kuku1uk14uu14
Upon arrival in Kazakhstan, foreign students must obtain a temporary registration in the Department of Migration Police of the place of residence in the territory of Almaty city during the period:
a) up to 5 days for students who received a migration card with a stamp at passport control;
b) up to 90 days for students who received a migration card with two stamps.
In order to obtain the temporary registration it is required to submit the following:
- the original and a copy of the passport;
- migration card;
- a letter of petition (available from the University);
- a fluorography picture;
- a record of HIV / AIDS absence;
- 2 photos of 3x4 size;
- state duty paid in the amount of 2 MCI by students who have come from abroad;
- a birth certificate additionally provided by students who are ethnic Kazakhs.
The list of required documents:
Persons submitting documents to the admission committee of the NEI “Almaty Management University” (further - AlmaU), pay the registration fee in the amount of KZT 10 000 (ten thousand tenge). The registration fee is non-refundable.
Candidate students should submit the following documents to the admission committee of AlmaU:
- a statement to the AlmaU Rector (at the university);
- the original certificate or diploma of college or lyceum;
- 6 photos of 3x4 size;
- a medical certificate, form 086 with a fluorography picture;
- health certificate (or vaccination card, form 063);
- certificate of obtaining an educational grant (the University will issue that document upon bringing the documents);
- an identity document and its copy;
- receipt of the registration fee payment (at the university);
- signed confirmation about knowing the terms of the agreement on training, learning rules and ethics of conduct in AlmaU on the appropriate form (at the university).
For the issuance of an invitation and admission to the competitive selection, foreign nationals residing in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the purpose of education, in addition to the list of documents, mentioned above, are required to submit the following documents:
- a medical certificate confirming the absence of disease that would prevent the passage of the training (HIV);
- medical insurance;
- a certificate of confirmation of a criminal record presence or absence.
Documents submitted in a foreign language must have notarized translation into Kazakh or Russian languages.
Persons having documents on education issued by foreign educational institutions must submit to the admission committee of AlmaU a nostrification certificate or a certificate on submitting the documents for nostrification in accordance with the legislation.
The list of additional documents for nostrification includes: